Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - design

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - design
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 23:44:10 +0800

Hi Mike,

Mike Kupfer <mkupfer@alum.berkeley.edu> writes:

> Hi Timothy, thanks for giving us an opportunity to comment on the draft
> survey.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look and write down your
thoughts :)

>> ** What features motivated you to initially try Emacs? :MultiSelect:
>
> Please add "other" as a response.  I started using Emacs because it was
> the only way I knew of to get multiple windows on a 24x80 terminal, back
> in 1983 or 1984.

Added.

>> * Packages
>
> If you're going to make these questions mandatory, please allow for

Not a bad idea, but this will need a bit more thought. For instance, I
currently have no support for conditional logic in the survey (i.e. if
using packages answer these questions).

>> ** Do you use an Email client in Emacs? :RadioSelect:Mandatory:
>
> Please add MH-E.
>
> Also, please make this MultiSelect.  I use both MH-E and Gnus.

You can write "MH-E, Gnus" in the other text field.

>> ** Do you maintain any Emacs packages? :RadioSelect:Mandatory:
>
> Please clarify the wording: does "packages" here refer only to
> third-party packages, or does it also include things that ship as part
> of Emacs?

I was only thinking of the former, but really I think both work. I'll
revisit the wording.

All the best,
Timothy