Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - what features?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - what features?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 10:31:30 +0300

** What features motivated you to initially try Emacs? :MultiSelect:
- [ ] Extensibility
- [ ] Package/ecosystem
- [ ] Community
- [ ] Part of the GNU project / FSF

You are forgetting the main feature of "text editing". The main reason
why I have started using Emacs is because it was text editor and
displayed in every Window Managers' menus. I could not possibly know
of extensibility neither of packages, as I have not opened Emacs, I
have clicked on it and started studying, only then I could find
extensibility and packages. Without opening it, launching it, I would
not know about the community neither, and I would not easily find out
it is GNU project.

Thus:

** What features motivated you to initially try Emacs? :MultiSelect:
- [ ] Text editing
- [ ] Extensibility
- [ ] Package/ecosystem
- [ ] Community
- [ ] Part of the GNU project / FSF

"Extensibility" is not understandable to many users, make a survey in
simple English.

Myself I do not understand how "package" would motivate me to use
Emacs, but if you wish to say that, then please:

Ecosystem
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Ecosystem

I would suggest this:

** What features motivated you to initially try Emacs? :MultiSelect:
- [ ] Text editing
- [ ] Extensibility
- [ ] Particular Emacs package
- [ ] Community talking about it