Re: Where's the explanation of the file names under /gnu/emacs/windows?

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Where's the explanation of the file names under /gnu/emacs/windows?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2022 10:46:23 +1200

From cursory examination only (I don't use Windows)...

I note that http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/README says:

"Each major version of Emacs is kept in its own subdirectory. Please
see the README files there for details of how to install and run
Emacs."

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-28/ seems to be missing
the equivalent of this file to explain the contents of the directory:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-27/README-windows-binaries

But earlier releases had a README file with additional information:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-26/README

so perhaps we're missing both README and README-windows-binaries in
the emacs-28 directory, and missing emacs-27/README too?

(IIUC the old README was a combination of the README-windows-binaries
information and some additional info.)

-Phil