Re: "make autoloads" signals an error

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: "make autoloads" signals an error
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 12:01:45 +0200

On Thu, Jun 02 2022, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:
>
>> The problem seems to be when inside the source:
>>
>> mkdir build
>> cd build
>> ../configure ...
>>
>> When building in the path with ./configure or setting the configure with
>> the absolute path there is no problem.
>
> Sorry, I don't follow.  What's the recipe to reproduce the problem?

I'm also experiencing this on a fresh checkout.

This happens when building emacs off-tree (which didn't seem to work to
well in the past.. but I consider good practice anyway..)

The instructions are clear: make a subdirectory inside the source tree,
then "configure" and make inside it exactly as he described. From a
checked-out tree:

  mkdir build
  cd build
  ../configure