Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package

From: Protesilaos Stavrou
Subject: Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:16:45 +0300

> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 09:40:44 +0300
>
> [... 109 lines elided]
>
> - package logos -- until user comes to read anything about
>   description, must go through this garbage:
>
> [... 68 lines elided]

Hello Jean,

What you describe as "garbage" package authors consider essential to
providing high quality documentation in a variety of formats.  The
README.org is converted into an Info manual and has a corresponding HTML
page both on GNU ELPA and the author's (me) website:

- <https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/logos.html>
- <https://protesilaos.com/emacs/logos>
- Evaluate this to read the Info manual: (info "(logos) Top")

Nobody forces you to read the Org source and there are good alternatives
on offer.

All the best,
Protesilaos (or simply "Prot")

--