Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 18:37:27 -0400

  > I did not. I speak of understanding of package descriptions. When user
  > clicks on a package within Emacs that user expects package
  > description, not a markup.

  > It is totally irrelevant for user if markup and tags, properties are
  > plain text in the context of editors.

The idea of adding markup to text is that a program will read that
marked-up text and output text which is nicely formatted.  The
marked-up text is harder to read, but the markup effects in the output
make it easier to read.

If we use markup in some text, we shouldn't normally show users that
marked-up source text; we should normally show users the result of
processing the markup.