Re: Org mode and Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 09:45:56 +0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> If this succeeds, it would be an important advance for the GNU system.
> We would replace Texinfo with a much cleaner system, easier to use and
> more maintainable.  Not solely for Emacs, but for ALL our
> documentation!

Org mode is not easier to use than Texinfo... at least, I didn't figure
out how to use it.

IIRC it's also much slower to create similarly sized .info files from
Org source than it is with makeinfo, and it also requires an entire
manual to be contained in a single file.

Texinfo also comes with the added benefit of not requiring Emacs to edit
or to translate into other formats.