Re: Org mode and Emacs (was: Convert README.org to plain text README whi

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs (was: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 09:27:57 +0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> One of Texinfo's crucial features is a wide range of semantic markup
> constructs, each of which can generate different output depending on
> the output format.  For instance, Texinfo has @var, @emph and @dfn,
> all of which generate italics in printed output, but they differ in
> what they generate for other output formats.  There are probably 15
> other such constructs.

Could you please point to the place where I can read about the different
generated output?

> Does Org format have the ability to make all these distinctions?
> If not, I suspect that the Org mode documentation isn't following
> all our style conventions for documentation.

Org manual does not AFAIK, other than various index entries.
However, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to.
Could you please provide a link describing the conventions you are
referring to?

Best,
Ihor