Re: emacs master + org Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: emacs master + org Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 15:31:21 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> We don't know how to do that, as was already explained and
> demonstrated here.

I will give that a look after a while.

> Modes do what they want, and in some cases we have hard time even
> convincing the mode developers that they should try to avoid doing
> that.

Then maybe we should not impose our opinion of what narrowing is best on
major mode developers?  Forcing restrictions on user code never works.
Sooner or later, developers will start performing fontification in a
timer, in order to widen past the "locked narrowing".