Re: --with-native-compilation build failure on 32-bit systems

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: --with-native-compilation build failure on 32-bit systems
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:45:37 +0300

> From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
> Cc: larsi@gnus.org, jrm@ftfl.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org, emacs@FreeBSD.org
> Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 09:06:14 +0000
>
> What I see comparing the two builds (my testbed is ATM on aff5961274) is
> that we overflow on both, but on the 64bit we do it a little later in
> the execution so the GC has the chance to collect ediff-hook before we
> overflow purespace.

That's strange, because I just built the unexec build on a 64-bit
system, and it didn't overflow for me.

Does it overflow on your system during bootstrap, i.e. when it loads
all the Lisp packages in source form?  Or does it overflow when it
loads the *.elc byte-compiled files?  Or is this a native-comp build,
and it overflows when loading the *.eln files?  Or did you discover
the overflow via some method that is nor part of the standard build?

> I pushed the fix for the nativecomp side to master as we understood the
> mechanism needed improvement.

Thanks.