Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 21:43:33 +0800

> It shows exactly what I said it shows.

It does not.  People will use VS Code just the same, even if it used
GTK, or MS Windows, or Nextstep menu bars and popups on those respective
platforms.  AFAICT it already uses native file dialogs like all other
web browsers.

> They all have to go before we make a change in the defaults.

[...]

> This isn't about me, it's about the default look.  It has to be fixed
> before we default to no-toolkit.

So in essense, you would rather Emacs crash for our users than look
"ugly"?