Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 15:02:33 +0000

The issue stemmed from you wanting to dis/enable the trackpad while typing? Then the obvious work-around is to not do that when using XInput2 under Gtk.

That feature is provided by the operating system, not by Emacs, and was not written by or enabled by me. It's what the reporter of the bug did.

That still doesn't explain why we could not use --without-xinput2 with GTK builds. Users would have the choice between a Lucid build with xinput2 and a GTK build with xinput.