Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 14:21:07 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Not crashing with the same features definitely trump tool bar icons.  In
> the past, those same icons were also used under the GTK build.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here a lot now.  So to recap:

1) The crash under a Gtk build should be fixed -- in any case, no matter
what else we do.  If that means disabling XInput 2 under Gtk, that's fine.

2) I think we should default to not using a toolkit.  But the issues in
1-5) I delineated must be fixed first.  (This isn't a discussion -- I'm
stating a requisite.)

OK?  I'm not going to repeat these two things any more now, so if you
continue discussing these things, but I don't respond, that does not
mean that I suddenly agree with you -- but that I've given up repeating
myself.  (We've been in this situation a couple times before, so I'm
just being explicit here.)

(And did you get my off-list email, or did it go to a spam bucket
again?)