Re: Using Emacs in fbterm.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Using Emacs in fbterm.
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:50:55 +0000

There is a problem with colours in Emacs in fbterm. When one does M-: (defined-colors) it prints a list of just eight colours, black, red, ...., white.

That's expected, isn't it? The Linux console only supports eight colors. Or do you have more colors when you run Emacs without fbterm?

However, the face constructing mechanism seems to assume more than eight colours, and this seems buggy. The face hi-green, for example, rather than having background "green" gets "light green". This appears on the terminal as dark yellow, which is clearly wrong.

That's not what I see here, hi-green is green (#00aa00). I know there's a patch for fbterm somewhere which adds the possibility to modify the color palette. Perhaps it's included in the fbterm included your distro, and somehow changes the appearance of the green color?

Also the face mode-line-inactive is indistinguishable from the default face, so when there're more than one window in the frame, they are less easy to distinguish than they should be.

I guess you mean that the mode-line-inactive is indistinguishable from the mode-line face? Is that different from what you seen when you run Emacs without fbterm?