Re: Using Emacs in fbterm.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Using Emacs in fbterm.
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:54:39 +0000

So, I would guess that somewhere in the depths of the face construction, there's a test for TERM being "linux". Or, maybe, an inappropriate terminfo entry is getting used when it's "fbterm". Or something like that. Maybe the fbterm terminfo entry is inconsistent with fbterm itself.

Indeed, if I set TERM to fbterm I now see what you described. Perhaps Emacs doesn't know that TERM=fbterm means that only eight colors are available?

I think it's worth fixing, whatever it is.

Well, it's easy to fix: export TERM=linux 😉