Re: Using Emacs in fbterm.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Using Emacs in fbterm.
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 20:27:14 +0000

I don't think so. It's framebuffer based indeed, so in theory it can support true (24 bit) colors. In practice, text-based rendering is limited to the eight standard colors.

What do you mean with "text-based rendering" and in which way is that a limiting factor?

I meant the rendering based on the standard ANSI escape sequences, which are used when programs run in a Linux console. But you're right, it's not a limiting factor indeed, Emacs could be adapted to use the private escape sequences defined by fbterm.