Re: [ELPA] New package: Ement (Matrix client)

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: Ement (Matrix client)
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 07:48:25 -0500

Hi Philip,

On 9/2/22 04:21, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

Hi Stefan, et al,

I'd like to submit my Matrix client package, Ement.el, to GNU ELPA.

https://github.com/alphapapa/ement.el

It's been my plan to do so eventually, and over the past nearly two
years of development, it's seen at least a few hundred users install and use it regularly. It's also packaged in GNU Guix and in Nix (and having it in GNU ELPA will simplify their packaging work as well). I use it every day, and there are no major known bugs, so it seems like a good time to submit it. I have plans for further development as well, but they need not hold back publishing
on ELPA.

Glad to see the package is ready!

Please see the attached patch to elpa-packages.

For some reason ELPA is complaining about missing copyright notices in my checkout:

I believe it is because the copyright should be assigned to "Free Software Foundation, Inc", not just "Free Software Foundation".

Oops.  I've added the missing ", Inc." to the copyright notices.

Another point, the repository seems to contain a "NOTES.org" symlink
that points to some file that doesn't exist in my checkout, and > probably won't exist either in the ELPA tarball. Shouldn't the file therefore also be added to .elpaignore?
Also done.

Thanks,
Adam