Re: [ELPA] New package: Ement (Matrix client)

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: Ement (Matrix client)
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 17:03:35 +0600

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> There is nothing wrong with speculating about what might work better
> or worse, but the thing that's truly useful is to try actually writing
> an interface that handles Matrix and IRC.

Do you mean a single user interface for both Matrix and IRC?  That would
great.  But it arises another question, how should the interface look
like?  Like ERC or rcirc or Ement (assuming it has it's own UI)?  A new
library needs to be written by someone who knows at least any two of the
instant messaging protocols (IRC, Matrix, Jabber or XMPP, etc).

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  Its fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5