Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 12:00:27 +0200

>>> As for keys, keys in X that is, that can be setup with
>>> X window managers (e.g., cwm) or X software specifically
>>> for that (xbindkeys).
>>>
>>> But: do most people do that?
>>
>> Most peopleā„¢ only use the Linux console to fix X when
>> it breaks.
>
> I know right? Why aren't they using fbterm like any sensible
> person would?! It's so stupid ...

Hey, this whole discussion and attitude just gave me an idea!

Why don't we turn the whole thing around, and instead suggest
that EVERYONE, all Emacs users, use the Linux console!
And that would be the ONLY way to use Emacs!

Just imagine what that would do, we could drop support for not
just X, there would be no more porting Emacs to Windows or Mac
OS or even the BSDs, there would just be no end to all the
problems that we could just ignore and instead say, "Stop
whining you techno-imbecile, and use the Linux console like
everyone else goddammit"

@&%#$!

--
underground experts united