Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 06:51:49 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:

>> Is the possibility to use multiple consoles the only reason
>> you use the console? Or do you have other reasons?
>
> Other reasons include:
>
> * On the Linux console, there is no mouse pointer, so
> I don't have to worry that I will accidentally move it.
>
> * Ehatever I run is full screen, automatically. No need to
> adjust the size or position of anything.

Indeed, it is also very fast and easy to setup. It is stable,
moving configuration files between computers and Linux distros
never brakes anything.

If you are a keyboard oriented person the keyboard
configuration is very good and and easy (e.g., the compose
key, navigating between VTs), and after it's done it works
ever after and uniformly across applications.

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/vt/console-setup
https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/vt/keyboard
https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/vt/remap.inc

--