Re: Optimizing tty display update (was: Implementing image support for k

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: Optimizing tty display update (was: Implementing image support for kitty terminal)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 16:29:33 +0200

On 22-09-10 16:25 , Eli Zaretskii wrote:
If the suggestion is to remove the code, I want to see some
measurements first.  It might be better to add some variable which
would disable that, set it ON by default, and then see if someone
complains in a year or two.  The latter alternative is fine by me.

Yes, with an option, of course.

You guys all live behind very fast links, so forgive me if I don't
share your optimism.  For me, the situation where I make typing
mistakes because Emacs cannot display what I type fast enough is very
much real.  Of course, I have no idea whether flushing does anything
to that.

In a sense, that's good news: you can tell if it makes a difference or not.