Re: Optimizing tty display update

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Optimizing tty display update
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 11:14:00 -0400

Eli Zaretskii [2022-09-10 17:25:05] wrote:
> You guys all live behind very fast links, so forgive me if I don't
> share your optimism.  For me, the situation where I make typing
> mistakes because Emacs cannot display what I type fast enough is very
> much real.  Of course, I have no idea whether flushing does anything
> to that.

FWIW, the change that Gerd suggests should make things faster rather
than slower (it doesn't change the mount of bytes sent, only the number
of `write` we perform).  The risk is that it bumps into a bug where
sending text in too-large a chunk leads to some error, as it seemed it
was the case in some `telnet` cases back before 1991.

        Stefan