Re: [RFC] Urgrep: New ELPA submission (eventually)

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: [RFC] Urgrep: New ELPA submission (eventually)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 05:19:21 -0400

Jim Porter <jporterbugs@gmail.com> writes:

> With Urgrep, you can use *any* rgrep-like command[1]. It will
> automatically use the best tool on the system in question, so if some
> remote host doesn't have your favorite tool, it'll still work just fine.

Thanks, this looks very useful.  I will try it when I get the chance.

Is `urgrep' a full featured replacement for `rgrep'?  Is there anything
missing, and/or something that will be hard to add?

I note that the repository includes an implementation of wgrep.
It would be great to include such functionality in Emacs by default at
some point.