Re: master 6a2ee981c3: Add new functions for splitting the root window

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: master 6a2ee981c3: Add new functions for splitting the root window
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 09:19:08 +0200

On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 at 09:33, Gregory Heytings wrote:

> Fully agreed.  I we're going to put window commands on C-x w, I
> thought I might share the part of my configuration that deals with
> windows (see attached), which I adapted to that new prefix.

Since you mention various custom repeatable commands, I think we're
missing a less drastic version of delete-other-windows which deletes all
siblings in the window configuration tree of the selected window.

In other words, the non-root-window version on C-x 1.

I use this as a simplified replacement:

    (lambda ()
      "Delete other windows, but only vertically if applicable."
      (interactive)
      (or (delete-other-windows-vertically)
          (delete-other-windows)))