Re: Howto fix: package autoload is deprecated

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Howto fix: package autoload is deprecated
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:19:03 -0700

for now, no, because if you remove the (require 'autoload), it gets
pulled in by the hack in subr.el.

My issue was that I 1. had missed the obsoletion, and 2. On my new
laptop, (new as from May) building and installing emacs from HEAD
wasn't replacing the info manuals because of compressed vs
uncompressed install, go figure!

So as Eli suspected I was reading an older manual.

Makes me wonder: when Emacs Info pages are displayed, should the
version info of that info manual be part of the Header line?

--

Thanks,

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

--