Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 10:03:22 -0700

   From: Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>
   Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 10:53:58 +0000

   > Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
   >
   >> There is a fork of mg (MicroEmacs)[0] that binds C-h q to a command that
   >> pops up a buffer with these contents:
   >
   > I think having a "cheat sheet" like this would be useful.

   Calling it a "cheat sheet" sounds like a good idea.  I've added
   `cheat-sheet' as an alias:

A quick Web search for "emacs cheat sheet" turns up the "GNU Emacs
Reference Card" as the first hit -- followed by a bunch of others.  And
it occurs to me that, for a real newbie, a cheat sheet in a browser
window might be easier to work with than one within emacs itself.

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://www.rgrjr.com/

[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/refcards/pdf/refcard.pdf