Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 12:48:56 +0800

> FWIW, I don't see how the menu bar could be a replacement.

Why not?

Most computer users immediately look in the menu labeled "Help" for
help.

> Note also that the menu bar is not very popular among users: 74.3 % of
> the 7300 users that replied to the Emacs Survey in 2020 disabled it.[1]
> It'd be interesting to know how many of those that didn't disable it use
> it more than occasionally, but I don't think that data was collected.

If they turn off the features that are supposed to help them, what do
you think a "quick help" menu will do?  And why won't it be turned off
as well?

Besides, if they turn off the menu bar and splash screen at startup, how
will we impart the existence of the "quick help" menu to them?