Re: Progress on merging Eglot?

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: Progress on merging Eglot?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 14:47:42 +0530

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> I haven't had the to look at this in depth, but this looks mighty fine,
> including this last idea of putting two "fixes" found in the subject line
> in two lines of the body.
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2022, 05:42 Payas Relekar <relekarpayas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Another way I can think of is to keep #nums where they are right now,
>> but add their respective links in the message body below.
>>
>> e.g.
>> Fixes #234,#456
>>
>> this fixes two issues
>>
>> Becomes =>
>>
>> Fixes #234,#456
>>
>> this fixes two issues
>> #234: https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/234
>> #456: https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/456

Alright! I think we have everything we need. I took the append URLs to
bottom of commit message approach. Here's what we have:

- History visible for file lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
- Commit message length undisturbed
- every #num is appended with appropriate URL at the bottom of commit
  message

These are the latest and (hopefully) final URLs:

Code:
https://gist.github.com/bhankas/422c34db2e987d4dc3f243e26ba156a3

(Please ensure eglot2emacs.py is in same directory as eglot/ and emacs/
repos)

Emacs repo with eglot.el merged:
https://github.com/bhankas/emacs

eglot.el file history within merged emacs repo:
https://github.com/bhankas/emacs/commits/master/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el

If all is good, that concludes #2 on João's list.

Let me know for any corrections and/or improvements.

Thanks,
Payas