Re: Progress on merging Eglot: update

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: Progress on merging Eglot: update
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 08:34:04 +0530

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Using GitHub this way is no disaster in practice, but it is embarrassing.
> Could we move that repo to a better place, such as sourcehut?

I believe Joao's reasons were to keep the users who target the github
repo from having their config broken, as well as provide another avenue
to submit issues/patches.

Modus-themes is hosted on sourcehut but also provides mirrors on Github
and Gitlab for similar reasons. Prot (modus-themes author/maintainer)
uses sourcehut as his primary hosting provider, but Joao plans to use
emacs.git for that purpose. As such, yet another mirror using mailing
list for issues/patches seems redundant. It will be his call in the end.