Re: Progress on merging Eglot: update

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Progress on merging Eglot: update
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 08:04:17 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: joaotavora@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org, eliz@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 22:46:18 -0400
>
> Using GitHub this way is no disaster in practice, but it is embarrassing.
> Could we move that repo to a better place, such as sourcehut?

I don't think it makes sense to invest such an effort now, since we
are going to import Eglot into Emacs very soon, as soon as the
remaining technical issues are resolved.  Moving it to another hosting
service now will just delay the merge with Emacs, which is undesirable
since we want Eglot in Emacs before we start the Emacs 29 release
cycle.