Re: Supporting stylistic sets

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Supporting stylistic sets
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 19:56:47 +0530

Simply pass both of their tags to hb_shape_full, which I think would be done something like this:

hb_feature_t features[] = {{HB_TAG("c","v","0","6"), 1, start, end}, {HB_TAG("c","v","0","8"), 1, start, end}};
hb_shape_full(font, buffer, features, 2, NULL);

On Sat, Sep 24, 2022 at 7:48 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:40:55 +0530
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
>  You are suggesting that we let the font and the shaping engine decide
>  which alternative to use?  That sounds un-Emacsy to me.  For the use
>  case where only specific characters should be affected, I think we
>  should have a facility whereby users could specify, for each character
>  that has alternatives, which one to use.
>
> No, I am not suggesting that every variation has its own tag and the user can choose which tag they would
> like or not.
> For example look at the FiraCode variations attached

So what do I do if I want variant 4 for 'i' and variant 2 for 'l'?