Re: Supporting stylistic sets

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Supporting stylistic sets
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:40:55 +0530

You are suggesting that we let the font and the shaping engine decide
which alternative to use?  That sounds un-Emacsy to me.  For the use
case where only specific characters should be affected, I think we
should have a facility whereby users could specify, for each character
that has alternatives, which one to use.

No, I am not suggesting that every variation has its own tag and the user can choose which tag they would like or not.
For example look at the FiraCode variations attached