Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - design

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - design
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 14:00:04 +0600

Timothy <tec@tecosaur.net> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> If any of you are wondering what happened to this, it has not been forgotten
> about! My very competitive todo list just pushed this on the backburner for a
> while.
>
> I’m returning to this now though, and hopefully will start testing the
> deployment and promoting the survey shortly (probably over the next few
> weeks).
>
> If anybody has last-minute “I really think you should change/add/remove this
> question” feedback, now would be the time to mention it. I think the current
> state of affairs is fairly decent though, and I don’t think it would be worth
> bikeshedding the questions 😛 — we can always refine/improve next year.
>
> The current set of questions:
> <https://github.com/tecosaur/emacs-survey/blob/master/config/survey.jl>
>
> With regards to survey promotion, I’m thinking it would be good to mention
> this
> as widely as possible to try to reach a diverse range of respondents. If other
> people might have ideas on how to effectively share this survey around, that
> would be great.
>
> All the best,
> Timothy

Everything looks good, except the following question:

        RadioSelect(:respondent_education,
            "What is the highest level of education you have completed?",
            ["High school" => "School",
             "Associate's Degree" => "Associates",
             "Bachelor's Degree" => "Bachelors",
             "Master's Degree" => "Masters",
             "PhD or equivalent" => "PhD"],
            mandatory=false),

What if someone is still in high school?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  Its fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5