Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 14:33:01 +0200

> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
> Cc: arstoffel@gmail.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 13:22:53 +0100
>
> >> Cloning into '/z/myhome/.digestif'...
> >
> > This sounds like some MSYS2 executable is involved, which might get
> > you in trouble due to different file-name syntax and other
> > incompatibilities between MSYS2 and native Windows programs.
>
> This part comes from git which is indeed a MSYS2 executable and
> actually succeeds (see below) and the repo is cloned to my HD.

Why are using an MSYS2 build of Git, when a native Windows build
exists and is fully functional?

> >> The system cannot find the specified path.
> >> The system cannot find the specified path.
> >
> > Which program this tries to invoke and with what command-line
> > arguments?
>
> This is lua.exe which is installed as mingw-w64-x86_64-lua:
>
> -> which lua
> /mingw64/bin/lua
>
> The installation script is here:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/astoff/digestif/master/scripts/digestif
>
> The problematic part can be condensed to this I think:
>
> DIGESTIF_HOME="$HOME/.digestif"
> LUA=lua
>
> export LUA_PATH="$DIGESTIF_HOME/?.lua"
> export DIGESTIF_PRERELEASE="$(git -C "$DIGESTIF_HOME" rev-parse --short HEAD)"
>
> "$LUA" "$DIGESTIF_HOME/bin/digestif" "$@"

So which of the files/directories involved is the one that "the system
cannot find"?  That message comes from cmd.exe, AFAIK.

Maybe it's LUA_PATH, because Windows doesn't allow question marks in
file names.