Re: Tentative release schedule for Emacs 29.1

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Tentative release schedule for Emacs 29.1
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 21:26:57 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> We will not release Emacs 29.1 with that bug, that's for sure.  But I
> don't want to wait for its solution before cutting the release branch,
> since we can continue working on it after the branching.

OK, thanks, I thought might not have been okay to do that after the
branch was cut.

BTW, that means I can keep fixing regressions from Emacs 28 in the X
code, right?  There may still be problems with obscure input devices
which used to work with the core input code, but need special treatment
on XI2.

> If your crashes are like the one reported there, how about if you
> disable mouse-highlight as a temporary workaround?

I'll try that and see if that makes it better.