emacs-erc

Re: bug#54458: 27.2; erc-dcc-get: Re-entering top level after C stack ov

From: Fernando de Morais
Subject: Re: bug#54458: 27.2; erc-dcc-get: Re-entering top level after C stack overflow
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:51:13 -0300

Hello J.P.,

"J.P." <jp@neverwas.me> writes:

> Hm. And you applied *all* the patches as a sequence?

Last time I didn't apply them all, but this time I did. Now I'm using
Emacs 28.1, so I believe the compatibility will no longer be an issue.

Unfortunately, however, I couldn't use DCC GET when
`erc-dcc-get-use-subprocess' is t. The transfer fails and a message like
this appears:

     *** DCC: file <file_name>
         transfer failed at 0 of <file-size> in 0 seconds

In this scenario, I tried to receive files from another sender (on the
same server), but the same thing happened.

The rest of your proposed improvements work normally, as previously
reported, as long as `erc-dcc-get-use-subprocess' is nil.

--
Regards,
Fernando de Morais.