emacs-erc

Re: bug#54458: 27.2; erc-dcc-get: Re-entering top level after C stack ov

From: J.P.
Subject: Re: bug#54458: 27.2; erc-dcc-get: Re-entering top level after C stack overflow
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 06:39:21 -0700

Hi Fernando,

Fernando de Morais <fernandodemorais.jf@gmail.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, however, I couldn't use DCC GET when
> `erc-dcc-get-use-subprocess' is t. The transfer fails and a message like
> this appears:
>
>      *** DCC: file <file_name>
>          transfer failed at 0 of <file-size> in 0 seconds
>
> In this scenario, I tried to receive files from another sender (on the
> same server), but the same thing happened.

Sorry about that. I shouldn't have asked you to try those patches. That
whole idea was half-baked and the execution super shoddy.

And on that note, please try these patches! I've abandoned the
subprocess stuff and am instead introducing a simple flag that inhibits
all reporting. A user can set it explicitly, or it can be activated
automatically when something nonstandard (but specific) is detected.

If you're willing, please try receiving once as you normally would. But
if the loss of control persists, try issuing a

  /dcc get -t sender file

on the next go around. Thanks for your patience!