emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Optical Size Adjustment of Variable Fonts in Emac

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Optical Size Adjustment of Variable Fonts in Emacs
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 06:58:26 +0000

Note that the solution you found works on GNU/Linux, but AFAIK doesn't work on macOS [...]

I developed this on a Mac! The “Mitsuharu Yamamoto” fork.

Okay, I did not know this. You may want to indicate somewhere that this is not possible with the standard macOS build, and point to that fork.

only integer values are allowed for :height, and where these integer values are rounded. For example :height 144 is 14, :height 145 to :height 154 is 15, :height 155 is 16, and so forth.

It’s not my experience that only integer values are allowed for :height.

It's the case for the standard macOS builds, from emacsformacosx.com.