[Orgmode] Re: Can't make TODO dependencies work

From: Wes Hardaker
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Can't make TODO dependencies work
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 08:05:53 -0800

CD> I *could* do a different implementation, where the functions
CD> are always in the blocker hook, but are only active when the
CD> variables are set.  However, the problem is then that it is
CD> difficult to see from the outside if the hook is doing something,
CD> and I want to use that knowledge to avoid overhead in the
CD> agenda for people who do not use todo dependencies.

FYI, I'd actually suggest this approach.  I think the number of people
that will get confused by variable-and-loading-ordering will be far
greater than the number of people trying to figure out why the function
isn't doing anything (especially if in the function documentation it
says a variable must be set for it to perform any actions).

I too immediately tried the new TODO dependencies after the last release
announcement and couldn't get it to work...  Old habit of performing
'(require ...)' ahead of the variable settings.