Re: [Orgmode] Organize Your Life In Plain Text!

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Organize Your Life In Plain Text!
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 08:32:12 -0700

> On May 8, 2009, at 3:46 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:
>
>> Good idea, I will certainly follow this repository.
>>
>> I have a snippet suggestion.
>>
>> File completion for [[file:... links.  I don't know if it's possible,
>> but I would find it very helpful
>
> What is wrong with `C-u C-c C-l' ?

Ah! I wasn't aware of that keybinding.  Thanks for the pointer.

Overuse of yasnippets has me hitting the tab key whenever I want any
kind of completion.  I just added the following to my org config which
should help.

(defun org-insert-link-maybe ()
  "insert a file link depending on the context"
  (interactive)
  (let ((case-fold-search t))
    (if (save-excursion (re-search-backward "[[:space:]]") (forward-char 1)
(looking-at "\\[?\\[?file:"))
        (progn (replace-match "") (org-insert-link '(4)) t)
      nil)))

(add-hook 'org-tab-first-hook 'org-insert-link-maybe)

Thanks -- Eric