Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Emacs for email?

From: Manuel Hermenegildo
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Emacs for email?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 07:36:09 +0100

I have used vm for a very long time (after using rmail for an even
longer time), and am reasonably happy with it: it manages mime and
attachments pretty well, specially in combination with w3m, handles
imap/pop well (although I use fetchmail), it is very fast in use, and
its virtual folder capabilities are extremely useful.  It also has a
mairix interface.  Hey, if we also had a good browser I would never
exit emacs... ;-) (*) I have also tried gnus but I find it a bit too
hard to configure and overall too complicated for the task.

Having said the above, I think an emacs mail reader based on modern
search and tags would be *fantastic*.  Notmuch looks very interesting!
(Although I have not had time yet to test it thoroughly.)

Manuel

(*) I use conkeror as external browser, which is the closest thing to
staying inside emacs. I also use w3m for quick stuff (e.g., within
vm), but it falls short on certain things.

 Manuel Hermenegildo                     | Prof., C.S.Dept., T.U. Madrid (UPM)
 Director, IMDEA Software and CLIP Group | +34-91-336-7435 (W) -352-4819 (Fax)