[Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:39:55 -0500

On Sun, Jan 24 2010, Torsten Wagner wrote:

> What I'am looking for is a smart way to keep both in sync and that
> without big hassle. It has to be something which does the job quite
> quick thus I will do it directly e.g., every morning before starting
> work... instead of pushing and pushing it away from me. Thought maybe
> I simply mark the entries in the paper version whether I added them to
> org-mode already or not and create a tag in org-mode for the vice
> versa reason.

The moleskine notebooks are VERY nice and I love the construction
quality and feel of them.  Unfortunately, this exact feature kept me
From using what ended up being the most effective strategy.  When I'm
being good and keeping analog and org in sync, it's because I am
making one note per page and indiscriminately tearing them out of my
notebook as I process them.  Nowadays I keep a cheaper flimsier notebook
in my back pocket at all times [1].  In addition to letting me
guiltlessly destroy the thing, it's also more comfortable to sit on.

I don't have a great system for going back the other direction, but am
at my computer often enough to make that process less important to me.

HTH,
/au

[1]
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/323629/Office-Depot-Brand-Mini-Marble-Composition/