Re: [Orgmode] org-iswitchb documentation

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-iswitchb documentation
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:14:41 +0200

Stephen Eglen <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stephen,
>>
>> I think this is actually a bug.  Since the command is called ...-
>> iswitchb,
>> I am sure the intention was to use iswitchbe.  Later, when we added ido
>> support as well, the function was rewritten using
>> org-icompleting-read, and in this way the iswitchb support was lost.
>
> p.s. one day I might imagine that iswitchb.el might disappear and be
> replaced by ido.el, which might make life easier, assuming that iswitchb
> hasn't diverged too much since Kim first made ido.el.

I haven't really followed iswitchb developments since I branched ido
from it (many full moons ago), so I don't know how much they have
diverted since them. I may have added some stuff on request from users,
but that was also a long time ago...

> What do you think Kim - should we just have ido.el in the emacs
>sources, and have iswitchb-mode configure ido.el to just do buffer
>searching?

This sounds like a good idea - but I don't have time to look at it
anytime soon.

I guess the main task (besides migrating any newer features of iswitchb
to ido) is to find out which ido settings should be used for iswitchb
customizations.

--
Kim F. Storm  http://www.cua.dk