Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-lang-exts must be initialized? how to get

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-lang-exts must be initialized? how to get syntax coloring?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:33:43 -0700

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Putnam <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Eric,
>
> Updating from the repository, and putting it at the head of my load-path
> fixed the problem with org-babel-tangle-lang-exts.  Thanks.

Great, we're making progress

> org-version returns org-mode version 6.36trans
> (release_6.36.576.gec22).

The Org-mode version looks good.

> I still can't seem to export python to html with syntax coloring when
> exporting to browser on C-c C-e b.  Should this just work?  I do see syntax
> coloring on C-c '.  Setting or not setting org-export-htmlize doesn't seem
> to make any difference.

What version of Emacs are you using?  I htmlfontify requires at least
Emacs 22 or later.  Running 'emacs --version' at the shell will answer
this one.

If you have a recent enough Emacs, then can you try opening up a
source-code buffer (say Python) and running M-x htmlfontify-buffer from
withing the buffer.  This should open up a buffer of html which when
viewed through a web-browser looks very similar to your Emacs buffer
fontification.

If the above doesn't work, try loading htmlize.el explicitly from

  org/contrib/lisp/htmlize.el

Best -- Eric