[Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:28:52 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> My main account uses Courier on Debian, too and search for a particular
>>> message id within ~7000 messages is quite fast.
>>
>> In my case, the culprit seems well to be our mail server, then.
>
> Yes, but not you've learned much about profiling and debugging elisp. ;-)

Oh yes. And that is really unvaluable. I can dream beginning to write my own
ELisp code, now, being able to trace and easily follow what my code would do,
without having to write (message "...") calls (with the problem that I could
not display every object value.

Thanks a lot to you all for that.

>> What would be your pieces of advice in such a case? Do I need to test
>> something extra? Get a local imap server? Others (like asking for fixing
>> the search on our Courier mail server)?
>
> I'd definitively drop a mail to the admins. Searching for a message-id is
> quite a common task, so that should be as fast as possible. And I'm pretty
> sure Courier has some option to index at least the message-ids.

I'll do.

Thanks a lot for your help...

Best regards,
  Seb