Re: [O] Re: agenda view opening multiple buffers

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [O] Re: agenda view opening multiple buffers
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:00:36 +0530

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On 27.3.2011, at 20:55, Manish wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Julian Burgos wrote:
>>> Thanks.  Using x is good enough for now.  I´ll explore also Michael´s
>>> suggestions.  It would be good to have the agenda open in a buffer
>>> without having all the agenda files opened too.
>>>

>> Following code should do what you want (I think).
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>> ;; function code copied from definition of org-agenda-exit
>>  (add-hook 'org-finalize-agenda-hook
>>            (lambda ()
>>              (interactive)
>>              (org-release-buffers org-agenda-new-buffers)
>>              (setq org-agenda-new-buffers nil)))
>> #+end_src
>
> This will make the agenda disfunctional.  Each line in the agenda contains a
> pointer to the entry the line was derived from, so remote editing etc will
> stop working.
>
> Exiting with "x" is the much better solution.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Wouldn't "x" that close the agenda as
well along with the buffers?  OP said: " It would be good to have the
agenda open in a buffer without having all the agenda files opened
too."  May be a special custom agenda command that calls the above
lambda function at the end would work better by limiting the damaged
behaviour to just one command?

/manish