Re: [O] Using MobileOrg without sync?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Using MobileOrg without sync?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 22:29:55 +0200

Steinar Bang <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Steinar,

> I installed MobileOrg on an HTC desire.  The idea was to just use it
> to take notes, no sync to an emacs with org-mode would be needed.
>
> Isn't it possible to use MobileOrg without sync?

Not sure, but MobileOrg (at least on Android) is not very sophisticated
for note taking.  For sure, it's not a stand-alone org-mode for Android
as you might have expected.

For example, there's no widget ("activity" in andro-speak) to input
timestamps and stuff like that.  I use it, but mainly for viewing my
agendas pushed from org-mode and for capturing quick and ugly notes,
which I format correctly, timestamp, tag, and refile after pulling them
to my emacs.

So I see no reason to use MobileOrg if you don't want to interact with
org-mode.  Probably, you'd be better off with a plain text editor (Jota
Text Editor is quite good and free software).

Bye,
Tassilo