Re: [O] Using MobileOrg without sync?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: [O] Using MobileOrg without sync?
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:22:53 +0200

> Not sure, but MobileOrg (at least on Android) is not very
> sophisticated for note taking.  For sure, it's not a stand-alone
> org-mode for Android as you might have expected.

Ah, ok.  It looked like it might be, from the screen shots.

> For example, there's no widget ("activity" in andro-speak) to input
> timestamps and stuff like that.  I use it, but mainly for viewing my
> agendas pushed from org-mode and for capturing quick and ugly notes,
> which I format correctly, timestamp, tag, and refile after pulling
> them to my emacs.

Ok.  Looks like something I will try at some point in time, but not
right now.

> So I see no reason to use MobileOrg if you don't want to interact with
> org-mode.  Probably, you'd be better off with a plain text editor (Jota
> Text Editor is quite good and free software).

Thanks for the tip!

So far, I have installed, but not yet tried:
 Evernote
  http://gizmodo.com/5427595/evernote-the-android-note-app-you-need-is-here

 AK Notepad
  https://market.android.com/details?id=com.akproduction.notepad

 GDocs (notepad synking with google docs)
  http://sites.google.com/site/gdocsforandroid/