Re: [O] Bibliographic references

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Bibliographic references
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 14:25:36 -1000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Of course, this just handles the in-text part for formats other than
>> LaTeX.  LaTeX uses bibtex or biblatex to compile the list of
>> references.  I don't know how to accomplish this in ODT.  For html, I
>> export from Org-mode to LaTeX, then use tex4ht to convert to html.  This
>> leverages the bibtex capabilities and yields nicely formatted
>> bibliographies in html.
>>

> If libreoffice can import HTML, maybe the tex4ht way can work for ODT as
> well?
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

Good catch.  In principle, yes, though I've never worked with
libreoffice.  We follow a similar path to produce Word versions of our
documents when clients require them: Org -> LaTeX -> tex4ht -> html ->
Word -> Save As -> lots of tidying by hand.  It works, but it isn't a
pretty process with our setup.  I'm sure folks on this list could do
better, though.

tex4ht has some switches that help it produce output suited for this
path.  It was designed to be configured very extensively.

What I meant earlier (but didn't express well) was that I didn't know if
it was possible to generate bibliographies from keys in the ODT
environment.  I'm guessing there must be a way to do this (Endnote?,
Zotero?), but I haven't looked into it.

Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye