Re: [O] How to filter on files

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] How to filter on files
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:01:43 +0100

Hi Rene,

Rene <address@hidden> writes:

> But once in a while I'd like to dynamically narrow down my list of agenda
> entries to either one of these files.  I tried to play with
> org-agenda-filter-by-tag or org-agenda-filter-by-category but to no
> avail.

Use a #+CATEGORY: property on top of each file, then use < in the
agenda to filter by the category the cursor is on.

> Is there some kind of "org-agenda-filter-by-file" piece of code
> somewhere?

No, but you can have a category per file and filter per category,
which does the same.  Always, you can narrow down the scope of the
agenda *before* creating the agenda, with C-c a < [yourkey] -- the
< means to narrow down to the current buffer.

Hope this helps,

--
 Bastien